Well there is no point in making goals if you don’t revisit them and update their progress, right?
1) Donate my hair: It’s still growing. No surprise there. I probably should get it trimmed soon, but that is so expensive!
2) Keep on running: Yes! I’ve been doing this as much as possible. I started my Fitness Fridays posts so that I could track my progress (and have something to hold me accountable). I’m running 2 miles more consistently and hope to sign up for a 5K at the end of May. T and I were going to sign up for the 10K across the Bay Bridge next November, but then I discovered I will be out of town for a business trip. So we’ll find another fun race to do – thoughts? We’re located in the Mid-Atlantic and can’t afford to travel far.
3) Move out of my childhood home: Still working on this one! We are trying to figure out our finances first (T needs a new job and I am dealing with some new expenses with Molly – allergies…)
4) Go outside and walk: I need to get better at doing this because it is so refreshing. Unfortunately the freezing temperatures have not been very motivating. Spring is coming though!
5) Ride as much as possible: See the above about those freezing temperatures. T and I did fit in two rides the other weekend. I am going to sign up for another quarter of riding lessons in the spring. My mare has been lame since July and is finally starting to feel better. She felt a bit off when I last rode her but I think it may be more from stiffness than her lameness. We will be doing lots of walking, trotting, and hill work!
6) Start volunteering: I will start this before the end of the year! I am determined to find time somehow.
7) Write: I’ve been working on a story in a brainstorming notebook. It’s been hard to find time to sit down and write, so I really should build it in to my schedule.
8) Embrace patience: I actually feel like I am getting better with this. I will forever be a bit impatient I think, but I feel more zen about things these days. I need to continue to find moments to reflect, de-stress, and sit quietly. Those moments center me.
9) Knit a sweater: I finished the front and am a couple inches into the first sleeve. I have absolutely no idea how to put it all together. By the time I finish the sleeves, my grandmother (i.e. knitting mentor) will be home to guide me (I hope!). I can’t wait to share photos of the final product. I am restraining myself from starting any other knitting projects until this one is done.
10) Develop my photography skills: I have been switching my camera to manual mode more and more these days. It’s been a challenge, but I am enjoying the experiments. Now I just need to sit down and read some of the photography books in my library.
11) Dance again: I don’t know when this one will happen, but I haven’t forgotten about it! Still hoping to sign up for a dance class some time this year.
12) Dog training: Molly and I are currently taking a Intro to Nosework class! It’s been very fun taking the subtle steps to teach her to seek things (food) out with her nose. She loves it and it’s such a good mental and physical exercise for her.
13) Read 150 books in 2014: I am currently on book number 27. T and I have a vacation coming up so I hope to get even more books read then!
14) Blog!: I have a couple of posts lined up to publish in the coming weeks. I’ve been thinking about how to focus this blog, but I really don’t know how to because I am interested in so many different things!
*15) Paint: Creativity runs in my family – my father is a musician, my mother a fiber artist, my sister an art major, my aunt a professional artist, my uncle a musician and carpenter, my grandmother a quilter/knitter/crocheter. While I am knitting and exploring photography, I would like to start painting again. I painted a blue crab for T as a surprise present and rediscovered how much painting relaxes me.